Information on the Formal Interagency Agreement with the State Educational Agency
~~DEED’s Special Education Unit and DVR have an interagency agreement that is designed to facilitate the transition of students with disabilities from receipt of educational services in school to the receipt of vocational rehabilitation services.
The agreement includes:
• DVR’s assurance of the development and implementation of an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) for each student determined to be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services before the student leaves school;
• Designation of a regional DVR contact who is responsible for clarifying questions and concerns relating to the implementation of the agreements with local school districts; and
• DVR’s assurance that the core tenets, principles, and career goals stated in each student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) will be incorporated into the development of their Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). EED’s Special Education Unit also provides funding for members of the State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee to travel to events related to transition students such as the annual Statewide Special Education Conference.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition