Navigating the System: A Guide for Individuals and Families
~~“The mission of Arizona’s Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (ADDPC) is to develop and support capacity building and systemic change to increase inclusion and involvement of persons with developmental disabilities in their communities through the promotion of self-determination, independence and dignity in all aspects of life.
What do they do?
The ADDPC serves residents with developmental disabilities along with their families. They provide support to projects for three current goals that are in their state plan:
• Increasing employment opportunities
• Encouraging individuals to advocate for themselves
• Empowering those individuals with information
The ADDPC has a calendar for future conferences and events. They have meetings that are open to the public. They have articles on subjects such as employment, education and other related topics. In addition,
ADDPC has updates on proposed laws that may affect people with developmental disabilities.”
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Department of Economic Security