California Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities (CCEPD)
~~“The California Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities (CCEPD) was established to advance the employment of people with disabilities in the state. The primary function of the CCEPD is to consult with and advise the Secretary of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency and the Secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency on all issues related to full inclusion in the workforce of persons with disabilities, in order to:
1. Bring individuals with disabilities into gainful employment at a rate that is as close as possible to that of the general population.
2. Support the goals of equality of opportunity, full participation, independent living, and economic self-sufficiency for these individuals.
3. Ensure that state government is a model employer of individuals with disabilities.
4. Support state coordination with, and participation in, benefits planning training and information dissemination projects supported by private foundations and federal grants.
The CCEPD supports an annual event for youth with disabilities. In September of 2015, the CCEPD voted to adopt the California Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities (YLF) as the youth event for the years 2016-2018.”
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Asset Development / Financial Capability