Delaware Governor’s Advisory Council for Exceptional Citizens FY 2015 Annual Report
In accordance with CFR 300.650 (b), the Council serves as the State Advisory Panel for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its amendments.
1. Delaware Code: Title 14, Chapter 31, Sub. Sec. 3111
2. Federal Statute: Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its amendments
The State Advisory Panel will:
- "...advise(s) the state educational agency of unmet needs within the state in the education of children with disabilities;
- comment(s) publicly on any rules or regulations proposed for issuance by the state regarding the education of children with disabilities and the procedures for distribution of funds under this part; and
- assist(s) the state in developing and reporting such data and evaluations as may assist the Secretary under Section 618..."
3. Delaware Code: Title 14, Chapter 24, subsection 2408
State Policies & Initiatives:Policy
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement