Delaware Governor’s Advisory Council for Exceptional Citizens FY 2015 Annual Report
State Policies & Initiatives:Policy
In accordance with CFR 300.650 (b), the Council serves as the State Advisory Panel for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its amendments.
1. Delaware Code: Title 14, Chapter 31, Sub. Sec. 3111
2. Federal Statute: Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and its amendments
The State Advisory Panel will:
- "...advise(s) the state educational agency of unmet needs within the state in the education of children with disabilities;
- comment(s) publicly on any rules or regulations proposed for issuance by the state regarding the education of children with disabilities and the procedures for distribution of funds under this part; and
- assist(s) the state in developing and reporting such data and evaluations as may assist the Secretary under Section 618..."
3. Delaware Code: Title 14, Chapter 24, subsection 2408
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement