DE Disability Employment Initiative
State Policies & Initiatives:Systems-Change Funding
The Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) was a three-year federal grant-funded program to improve education, training, employment opportunities, and employment outcomes for youth who were unemployed, underemployed, and/or receiving Social Security disability benefits. In 2010, the Delaware Department of La or Division of Vocational Rehabilitation was awarded a Round 1 DEI grant from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment Training Administration.
The departments allocating staff to this project included the Department of Education, Division of Employment and Training, Department of Health and Human Services, Divisions of Developmental Disabilities Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health, and Technical &Community Colleges. The project ended in 2013.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Resource Leveraging