Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center
~~“The Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC) focuses on middle and high schools to help professionals partner with students and families to improve post-school outcomes in the areas of college, careers and community life. However, we believe that transition planning should begin in the elementary level where the foundation is laid for academics, career awareness, interpersonal relationships, and life skills.
INSTRC provides technical assistance, professional development and evaluation opportunities to LEAs and educators. INSTRC is a project of the Center on Community Living and Careers at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, Indiana University. INSTRC develops resources and materials as well as provides coaching, technical assistance, and professional development statewide to improve transition education, services and activities that impact post-school outcomes.
Supports provided include:
1. Evaluation of approximately 1,000 Transition IEPs
2. Regional Transition IEP trainings to improve the compliance data for Indicator 13 3. Coaching, technical assistance and professional development activities
4. Resources/materials to improve transition education
5. Tuesday’s Transition Tips for Teachers listserv and website.
6. Seven Cadre of Transition Leaders to implement evidence-based practices, resource development, family involvement strategies and interagency collaboration.
7. Transition alignment with an early childhood focus.”
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition