Iowa Employment First Website
~~“Employment First (EF) is a declaration of both philosophy and policy stating that: “Employment is the first priority and preferred outcome of publicly funded services for people with disabilities.” EF is also a “framework for systems change that is centered on the premise that all citizens, including individuals with significant disabilities, are capable of full participation in integrated employment and community life.”
Momentum for making EF a reality in Iowa continues to grow, which helps propel systems change that can support full access to employment for all Iowans with disabilities.
More information about Iowa’s Employment First initiative is available by accessing the weblink."
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- Customized Employment
- School-to-Work Transition
- Mental Health
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Iowa APSE; Iowa Association of Community Providers; ICIE; ID ACTION