“With a little help you can return home.Money Follows the Person (MFP) Program”


~~“If you live in a nursing home, the Money Follows the Person (MFP) program may be able to help you move home. The state of Kansas received grant money from The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS). This money is used to help people move out of nursing homes. The MFP provides Transition Coordination Services. That means the program will pay someone to help you with each step. It covers things like:
• Finding an apartment or assisted living facility.
• Filling out apartment applications.
• Getting all the legal documents you need to
move into the community.
• Paying up to a certain amount for household
items. You may need furniture, kitchen utensils,
pots and pans, and bedding.
• Paying up to a certain amount to make changes
to your home. You may need a wheelchair ramp
or wider door ways. The bathroom may need
more space for grab bars for the tub or toilet.
• Paying security deposits.
• Finding the personal care that you need.
Care may include help with bathing, going
to the bathroom, meals and housekeeping.”

State Policies & Initiatives: 
Medicaid & Employment
  • Medicaid Agencies
  • Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
Date Enacted: