Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services “Crisis and Exception Policy”
~~“Transitions to the I/DD Waiver
The following HCBS programs shall transition to HCBS IDD wavier program if they meet HCBS IDD functional eligibility:
1. Person is determined no longer eligible for the TA, Autism, or TBI waiver program.
2. The respective program manager sends NOA to person of their ineligibility. The IDD waiver program manager, the MCO, and DCF for persons in the custody of DCF are emailed a copy of the NOA.
3. The IDD waiver program manager coordinates with CDDO to determine if person is eligible to transition to IDD waiver program.
4. If a person is eligible for the IDD waiver program, a functional assessment is scheduled if current assessment is more than 365 days old.
5. Upon completion of functional assessment the CDDO will notify the IDD program
manager and the MCO of the functional eligibility determination.
6. Upon functional eligibility determination, the IDD waiver program manager sends the NOA of approval for IDD waiver program to the person. For children in the custody of the Secretary of the Kansas Department for Children and Families, the NOA shall also be forwarded to DCF.
7. 3160 sent to CDDO KDHE Clearinghouse and MCO.I/DD services must begin within forty-five (45) days of issuances of the 3160.
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)