Kansas Department of Education “Special Education Services Process Handbook”


State Policies & Initiatives: 
Policies and Programs

When the IEP team is considering a child’s post-secondary goals and transition services needed to assist the child in reaching those goals, the school is required to invite a representative of any agency that is likely to provide or pay for transition services. The school must obtain parental consent to invite the representative from that agency because confidential information about the child would be shared at the meeting.

  • Department of Education
  • School-to-Work Transition
  • Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships