Kansas State VR Plan - Attachment 4.8(b)(1)
State Policies & Initiatives:Policy
At the state level, KRS collaborates with other units within the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) and with other state departments. For example: …
• KRS and DCF Prevention and Protection Services will coordinate to address the employment and/or post-secondary education needs of youth with disabilities who have been in foster.
• Cooperative working relationships between the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services oversight units for community developmental disability organizations and community mental health centers facilitate discussions about the importance of competitive, integrated employment, an employment-first strategy, evidence-based practices, and supported employment services.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Resource Leveraging