Maine State Agency and Departments Protection and Advocacy of People with Disabilities (Title 5 c.11)
The agency has the following powers and duties:
- Information and referral. The agency may provide information on and referral to programs and services addressing the needs of persons with disabilities.
- Advice. The agency may advise and educate individuals on the rights of persons with disabilities and otherwise support and assist those persons in the protection of and advocacy for those rights.
- Pursuit of remedies. The agency may pursue administrative, legal and other appropriate remedies on behalf of persons with disabilities…
- Report. The agency shall prepare an annual report for submission to the Governor, the Legislature, the Commissioner of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. The report must describe the activities, accomplishments and expenditures of the agency during the most recently completed fiscal year
State Policies & Initiatives:Legislation
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Asset Development / Financial Capability
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Resource Leveraging
- Data Sharing
- Department of Health and Human Services