Maine HCBS Transition Plan
State Policies & Initiatives:Medicaid & Employment
This Transition Plan is required by the federal government as part of new Medicaid regulations. It tells the federal government how Maine will meet the new Medicaid rules. All states must follow the federal rules for the Medicaid program.
- Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that pays for certain medical and related services.
- In Maine, the Medicaid program is called MaineCare.
- An individual who gets services from MaineCare is called a member.
- The federal agency that is responsible for Medicaid is called the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (“CMS”).
- Medicaid Agencies
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)