Maryland Governor’s Transitioning Youth Initiative (GTYI)
The Governor’s Transitioning Youth Initiative (GTYI) is a collaboration funded through a partnership between the Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) and the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA). The purpose of the Initiative is to show that all students with disabilities can work and contribute to Maryland’s future after leaving school. The Governor's Transitioning Youth Initiative earmarks funds in the DDA budget for eligible students leaving school, regardless of the severity of their situation and their relative need for immediate services.
State Policies & Initiatives:Partnerships
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene