Navigating the Transition Years Handbook 2010


If your child has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), a team of staff members is responsible for helping them with their transition planning and the implementation of their plan. If your child is on a 504 plan, they still have access to the services of a guidance counselor, transition coordinator, and Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) counselor, but you and your child may be responsible for initiating contact to access their support

State Policies & Initiatives: 
  • Department of Rehabilitation Services
  • Department of Mental Health
  • Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
  • Department of Workforce Development
  • Department of Education
  • Other
  • School-to-Work Transition
  • Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
  • Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Maryland Coalition of Families for Children's Health