“Transitioning Youth comprise a special category of eligibility and priority for services. Through the Governor's Transitioning Youth Initiative the DDA, in[MW1] collaboration with the Division of Rehabilitative Services (DORS), has been able to fund supported employment and other day services for eligible graduating students who otherwise may not have received DDA services.
Without the Initiative, students leaving the school system would be placed on a lengthy waiting list for adult services. The Governor's Transitioning Youth Initiative earmarks funds in the DDA budget for eligible students leaving school, regardless of the severity of their situation and their relative need for immediate services.”
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene