Maryland Add Us In Initiative
TransCen, Inc. leads the local “Add Us In” consortium whose work empowers small businesses to work collectively to build the next generation workforce through jobs, paid internships, and mentoring for youth and young adults with disabilities.
Add Us In Maryland will:
• continually involve and assesses the changing needs of the business community
• utilize a business network that creates jobs and markets workforce training and services to other prospective businesses
• support employers in diversifying their workforce to include individuals with disabilities
• adapt and field-test an evidenced-based service delivery model with the emerging strategies of customized employment to increase the number and range of employment opportunities available to youth/young adults with disabilities
• provide services and replication products biased to the needs and circumstances of the employer as well as the job seeker.
State Policies & Initiatives:Systems-Change Funding
- Department of Workforce Development
- Customized Employment
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- TransCen Inc.; Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Montgomery County; Hispanic Business Foundation of Maryland Inc.