~~“MD Transitioning Youth with Disabilities provided enhanced and coordinated services and supports to Maryland youth between the ages 14 -16 who received Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Such services and supports included:
• Transition planning
• Financial planning and benefits management
• Employment and post-secondary education preparation activities
• Social and health linkages (for example, self-advocacy, youth development activities, health and wellness information)
All services and supports were customized to the individual youth and services provided by Maryland PROMISE were also extended to family members.
The primary goal of the state initiative was to assist youth recipients achieve better post-school outcomes, including graduating from high school readiness for college and a career, completing post-secondary education and job training, and obtaining competitive employment in an integrated setting. More about Maryland PROMISE is available by accessing the web link."
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Department of Disabilities