Transition to Employment Get the Facts
~~“You can achieve competitive integrated employment even if you need job supports on an ongoing basis.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) defines competitive integrated employment as
• Work that is performed on a full-time or part-time basis (including self-employment) that pays above minimum wage and not less than the customary rate paid by the employer for the same or similar work to individuals who have similar training, experience, and skills;
• With eligibility for the level of benefits provided to other employees in similar positions;
• At a location where employee interacts with other people who are not individuals with disabilities to the same extent as other employees without disabilities in comparable positions;
• As appropriate, presents opportunities for advancement that are similar to those for other employees who are not individuals with disabilities and who have similar positions”
- the Massachusetts Partnership for Transition to Employment (MPTE)