Michigan "Better Off Working" - Disability Reform Work Group Strategic Plan
This report, developed by the Michigan Department of Human Services, Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Disability Determination Service, the Disability Network, and Michigan Employers, details goals to further the inclusive employment of individuals with disabilities in the state of Michigan. “The goals of the strategic plan include:
- “Coordinating government and private agency resources in cross-program settings to assist individuals with disabilities enter or return to the workforce.
- Improving the health and well-being of individuals with disabilities by promoting work participation.
- De-emphasizing disability as a de facto public assistance program by refocusing on the goal of returning to work.”
State Policies & Initiatives:Partnerships
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Michigan Department of Human Services, Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Disability Determination Service; the Disability Network; and Michigan Employers