Minnesota Employment First Policy
The Employment First Policy envisions a future where all people with disabilities can achieve competitive, integrated employment. Competitive employment means:
· Full-time, part-time, or self-employment with and without supports
· In the competitive labor force
· On the payroll of a competitive business or industry
· Pays at least minimum wage, but not less than the customary wage and level of benefits paid by the employer for the same or similar work performed by workers without a disability.
This policy increases options and choices for people with disabilities by aligning policies, funding practices and collaborative efforts among state agencies. This will help people who choose to work to enter an integrated, competitive workforce or become self-employed.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Education
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships