“Whereas, my administration is committed to supporting policies under which agencies that provide services to persons with disabilities and/or provide employment, economic development, or other related services explore employment in an integrated setting as the first priority option for persons with disabilities who are of working age. Now, Therefore, I, Phil Bryant, Governor of the State of Mississippi, pursuant to the Constitution and laws of the State of Mississippi, do hereby order as follows:
- State agencies that provide services to persons with disabilities, and state agencies which provide employment, economic development, or other related services, shall coordinate efforts and collaborate to ensure that state programs, policies, and procedures support employment in integrated settings as the first priority option, to the extent feasible, for persons with disabilities who are of working age.
- The same state agencies shall, whenever feasible, share data and information across systems and adopt measureable goals and objectives to track progress toward the achievement of the goals of this Executive Order.
- The Mississippi Disability Resource Commission, Miss. Code Ann. § 43-30-1, is authorized to monitor implementation of this Executive Order.”
State Policies & Initiatives:
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Education
- Medicaid Agencies
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Data Sharing
Date Enacted: 01/14/2014