Missouri Transition Coalition
Since 2000, the Transition Coalition, located at the University of Kansas, Beach Center on Disability, has been maximizing professional development opportunities for secondary transition and college and career readiness of youth with disabilities.
To make a difference, professional development requires more than one-shot in-service training.
- Deliver professional development that leads to changes in practice
- Support teams and individuals at the state and local levels
- Translate research and effective practices for practitioner implementation
- Use self-assessment methods including professional knowledge
- Strategically combine web-based, in-person, in-print, coaching and other assistance
- Find and share research-based practices and resources
- Develop and support practitioner-to-practitioner learning methods"
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships