Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities
~~By conducting research across the focus areas of health, employment, and community participation and independent living, RTC: Rural uncovers the relationships among personal and environmental factors that show how people experience the rural environment to maintain quality of life. This work has led to the development of health promotion programs, disability and employment policy, and support and education for providers who serve people with disabilities.
As leaders in rural disability research, our projects incorporate the collaboration of stakeholders and consumers from the disability community. We seek input and advice in shaping research projects both during their development and throughout the research process. This partnership ensures the relevance of our research as we work to improve overall quality of life of people with disabilities.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Workforce Development
- School-to-Work Transition
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- University of Montana, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR)