Collaborative Initiatives across Career and Technical Education, Vocational Rehabilitation and Special Education: Three State/Local Stories
Attendees will gain knowledge of:
• predictors and evidence-based and promising practices specific to interagency collaboration across CTE, VR, and SpEd;
• effective strategies to build partnerships between CTE, VR, and SpEd; and
• tools, resources, and practical solutions to use with addressing common barriers at the state and local levels.
The need for collaboration: what we know
•CTE teachers identify collaboration with special educators and VR counselors as a key facet of their success in serving all youth.
•Best practices and resources for collaboration and student development will support self-determination, career exploration, culture, and course offerings of high school that lead to postsecondary education and training as well as employment (NTACT, 2017).”
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition