NH Granite State Employment Project 5 Year Strategic Plan (2008-2012)
The mission of the Granite State Employment Project is to improve employment opportunities for New Hampshire citizens with disabilities so that they may fully participate in and better contribute to their communities.
The vision of the Granite State Employment Project is that:
- There is a statewide infrastructure -including well trained staff- that provides high quality employment supports to individuals with disabilities;
- New Hampshire’s business community is a key partner in creating and improving employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities and meeting the State’s workforce needs;
- Schools offer effective secondary transition services that result in employment or post-secondary education that leads to employment for students with disabilities;
- Policies, rules and reimbursement regarding employment services are in accord with employment best practices and desired outcomes
- Goal #1: Create working partnerships between businesses and employment service providers -at both a local and state level- so that individuals with disabilities have access to and retain the jobs that they want.
- Goal #2: Increase school and community capacity to effectively prepare and support students with disabilities for entrance and mobility in the workforce
- Goal #3: Develop and use a variety of resources to ensure that employment service provider agency staff are well oriented and trained to assist individuals with disabilities to achieve better employment outcomes, including increasing the number of individuals with jobs
- Goal #4: Develop and employ a sustainable data system to track employment outcomes; to facilitate decision-making, policy development, and management of resources; and to improve quality of services.
- Goal #5: Remove policy, regulation and payment related barriers to creating successful employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities
State Policies & Initiatives:Systems-Change Funding
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Medicaid Agencies
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement