New Jersey Council on Developmental Disabilities (2012-2017) Five-Year Planning Goals
Goal: Advance New Jersey’s practices/performance as an Employment First state considering all individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Evaluate New Jersey’s Employment First policies and practices compared to best practices across the county.
• Support pilot programs utilizing identified best practices to determine the effectiveness of these practices in New Jersey.
• Develop and implement advocacy strategies for employment from best practices.
• Develop and implement an advocacy plan to increase day programming opportunities for individuals unable to obtain competitive employment.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Education
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships