Supported Employment Training and Technical Assistance
Since 1987, The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities has been providing Supported Employment Training and Technical Assistance throughout the state of New Jersey. In our continuing efforts to provide the most comprehensive, highest quality of trainings and services, The Boggs Center maintains effective partnerships and collaborations with state and local government agencies including the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS), and NJ Department of Education.
The Boggs Center offers two training series in Supported Employment:
Training courses are intended to provide both new and veteran employment specialists with the most up to date and proven best practices in supported employment. The purpose of training activities is to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities by:
· Developing competence among service providers in all areas related to assisting people with disabilities to choose, obtain, and maintain employment;
· Increasing the knowledge and skill among people with disabilities and their families in the areas of employment acquisition, available services, the impact of earned income on Social Security and other benefits, assistive technology and self-advocacy; and
· Increasing knowledge and skill among employers in recognizing the capabilities of workers with disabilities, providing supports and accommodations, understanding and complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, accessing assistance from Supported Employment providers in recruiting, hiring, and supporting employees with disabilities.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Education
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities