Governor’s Executive Order Number 136 “Establishing the New York Employment First Initiative to Increase Employment of New Yorkers with Disabilities”
State Policies & Initiatives:Executive Orders
…”NOW, THEREFORE, I, ANDREW M. CUOMO, Governor of the State of New York, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of New York, do hereby order as follows: …
B. Employment First Commission
1. There is hereby established the Employment First Commission (the “Commission”) to provide guidance and advice to the Governor regarding the competitive integrated employment of individuals with disabilities.
2. The members of the Commission shall be the Governor’s Deputy Secretary for Health; the Governor’s Deputy Secretary for Civil Rights; the Governor’s Deputy Secretary for Human Services; the Chief Diversity Officer; the Counsel to the Governor; the Director of the Budget; the Commissioner for Developmental Disabilities; the Commissioner of Health; the Commissioner of Mental Health; the Commissioner of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services; the Commissioner of Children and Family Services; the Commissioner of Labor; the Commissioner of Economic Development; the Commissioner of Transportation; the Commissioner of Temporary and Disability Assistance; the Director of Veterans’ Affairs; the Director of the State Office for Aging; and the Executive Director of the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Additional members may be appointed to the Commission at the discretion of the Governor.
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships