“Reforming the System, Transforming Lives” Progress Report
OPWDD continues its efforts to double the number of people with developmental disabilities who are employed over the next 10 years. Individuals with developmental disabilities should have opportunities to work in the community alongside individuals who do not have disabilities, and earn wages that are at or above the minimum wage. OPWDD fosters employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities through:
• Developing job readiness skills for individuals who want to work.
• Expanding opportunities for individuals to engage in community service, volunteerism, and other meaningful community activities.
• Expanding provider capacity for quality job development and job coaching.
• Strengthening partnerships with other state agencies and building relationships with the business community
State Policies & Initiatives:Policy
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Employer Engagement
- 14(c)/Income Security
- Provider Transformation