ASPIRE PROMISE Grant
The same interventions will be delivered to all youth in the six states [including North Dakota]. Delivery of the ASPIRE Services may vary by state depending on each state’s infrastructure and framework. Interventions for youth and families assigned to ASPIRE Services include:
- Training and information for parents and families, including advocacy, community resources, educational and employment opportunities, and more.
- A complete individualized explanation of the public benefits the youth and family are receiving and how working and increased earnings will impact those benefits.
- A paid employment opportunity for the youth while he or she is still in high school.
- Self-determination training for the youth and families.
- Financial education and capability training to assist families in understanding their values and available resources to move from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Case management services provided to the youth and family to assist them in navigating the complicated systems of public benefits and assistance in accessing services, supports and information to support greater self-sufficiency.
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Asset Development / Financial Capability