Executive Order 2019-03D Establishing Ohio as a Disability Inclusion State and Model Employer of Individuals with Disabilities
~~1. The Department of Administrative Services, in consultation with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, shall identify and appoint a State ADA Coordinator, who shall be responsible for advising all state agencies, departments, boards, and commissions within the executive branch on disability policy and compliance with state and federal disability rights laws.
2. Each state agency shall annually review its hiring practices to identify any barriers to employment of individuals with disabilities, and, in consultation with the State ADA Coordinator, take appropriate action to eliminate any non-job-related barriers to the integration of individuals with disabilities into the workforce.
3. All state agencies, departments, boards and commissions shall utilize best efforts with respect to recruitment, hiring, and advancement, and issue clear, written directives to their managers and supervisors prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities.
4. All state agencies, departments, boards and commissions shall collect and evaluate self-disclosed data through the state personnel system to be used to measure progress in hiring people with disabilities. This data will be used to develop a strategic plan in consultation with the State ADA Coordinator and Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities with a goal for hiring individuals with disabilities who self-disclose.
5. The Ohio Department of Administrative Services and the State ADA Coordinator, in coordination with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, shall ensure all state employees participate in regular disability etiquette and awareness training to build and sustain a culture of inclusion in the workplace. All State employees shall also participate in periodic training on the ways that technology can be used to make work sites more accessible and available to people with disabilities....
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Data Sharing
- Governor of Ohio