2020 – 2022 State Agency Wellness Plan Guidance Document
“Executive Order 17-01, State Agency Employee Wellness directs executive branch agencies to establish two-year wellness plans detailing the agency’s objectives and activities to assess and improve employee health….
Agencies are responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating workplace wellness-related efforts.
Guidelines for Disability Inclusion…Wellness planning guidelines:
1. Goals include employees with disabilities – activities explicitly or unambiguously state that employees with disabilities are included.
2. Planning includes input from employees with disabilities – employees share what makes activities accessible and inclusive.
3. Activities are accessible – activities are conducted in accessible environments.
4. Accommodations are provided - the individual needs of employees are accommodated.
5. Outreach and communication efforts are inclusive – a variety of accessible methods are used to promote and conduct activities (large print, captioning, braille, interpreters.)
Put the person first, not the disability. Example: Mary uses a wheelchair (not confined or bound to a wheelchair). TJ has cerebral palsy (not CP victim)….
8. Follow-up and evaluation collection methods are accessible - include feedback from employees with disabilities.”
- Mental Health
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Resource Leveraging
- Public Employer Benefit Board