Governor’s Cabinet for People with Disabilities (§ 6.301)
State Policies & Initiatives:Legislation
“The responsibilities of the Cabinet are as follows:
(1) Make recommendations to the Governor on policies, procedures, regulations and legislation that aid people with disabilities in this Commonwealth.
(2) Serve as the Governor’s liaison to people with disabilities on policies, procedures, regulations and legislation that affect people with disabilities to ensure that State government is accessible, accountable and responsive to people with disabilities.
(3) Serve as a resource to all departments, commissions and agencies under the Governor’s jurisdiction to ensure that these government entities are cognizant of the needs of people with disabilities and that their respective services and programs are accessible to those individuals.
(4) Work with the Administration and agencies to monitor the hiring, retention and promotion practices of the Commonwealth relating to the employment of people with disabilities to ensure that there are no discriminatory practices within this Commonwealth.”
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Education
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships