ASPIRE South Dakota
In September 2013, the U.S. Department of Education awarded the PROMISE Initiative (Promoting Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income) to a six state consortium, ASPIRE (Achieving Success by Promoting Readiness for Education and Employment). The six states of the ASPIRE consortium are Arizona, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah. The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation is the lead and fiscal agency of ASPIRE. The purpose of ASPIRE is to
1) Increase a youth and family’s overall household income, and thereby reduce the household’s dependence upon public benefits, by increased educational attainment and increased career achievement.
2) Inform federal policymakers in all the four federal agencies through evaluation of interventions and outcomes.
State Policies & Initiatives:Partnerships
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Asset Development / Financial Capability
- Employer Engagement