Governor’s Executive Order Order Establishing The Tennessee Employment First I
“NOW, THEREFORE, I, Bill Haslam, Governor of the State of Tennessee… do hereby order and direct the following:
1. State agencies coordinate efforts to increase opportunities for integrated and competitive employment for Tennesseans with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illnesses, substance abuse disorders and other disabilities.
2. The Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities convene an Employment First Taskforce (“Taskforce”).
3 The Taskforce shall consist of representatives from the agencies administering disability services, family members of persons receiving employment services, vocational rehabilitation, workforce services and education, as well as consumer advocates and third party disability services providers.”
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships