Expect Employment: TN Employment First Taskforce Report 2014
“The Employment First Task Force concluded its first year on August 1, 2014, with the following recommendations:
1. Develop a Memorandum of Understanding among state agencies to facilitate coordination among programs and produce successful outcomes for people with disabilities.
2. Engage and support Tennessee businesses in employing people with disabilities in support of the Drive to 55 goals.
3. Make the State of Tennessee a model employer of people with disabilities, including the expansion of opportunities for internships.
4. Ensure every student with a disability leaves high school with a smooth transition that would include a choice of (but not be limited to) postsecondary education, a job training program, or paid, integrated employment to the same extent as students without disabilities.
5. Support individuals with disabilities and their families by increasing their knowledge about the benefits of employment as a life goal. 6. Ensure that all working-age Tennesseans with disabilities have access to a system of supports that enables them to obtain and maintain employment in the community throughout their lives. 7. Create and implement a three-year strategic workforce development plan, continuing the work of the Task Force under the authority of Executive Order 28.”
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Council on Developmental Disabilities