Texas SB 2027: Evaluation of Regional Employment and Training Opportunities for People with Disabilities
“(A) The Health and Human Services Commission in conjunction with the Texas Workforce Commission shall conduct a study regarding occupational training programs available in this state for individuals with an intellectual disability.
(B)The study must:
- determine regions in this state where the training programs should be improved or expanded; and
- determine strategies for placing trained individuals with intellectual disabilities into fulfilling jobs using existing or improved training programs.”
- Department of Workforce Development
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Department of Health and Human Services