Medicaid Balancing Incentives Program
~~“Federal law established the Balancing Incentive Program (BIP) which increases the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage to participating states through September 2015 in exchange for states making certain structural reforms to increase access to Medicaid community based long-term services and supports (LTSS).
These required structural reforms include
• implementing a "no wrong door" eligibility and enrollment system;
• developing core standardized assessment instruments; and
• ensuring case management activities are conflict free.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) submitted an application to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to participate in the BIP (PDF format). On September 4, 2012, CMS approved the state's BIP application.”
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Medicaid Agencies
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships
- Health and Human Services Commission