What is Community First Choice?
~~“Community First Choice (CFC) provides certain services and supports to individuals living in the community who are enrolled in the Medicaid program and meet CFC eligibility requirements. Services and supports may include:
• activities of daily living (eating, toileting, and grooming), activities related to living independently in the community, and health-related tasks (personal assistance services);
• acquisition, maintenance, and enhancement of skills necessary for the individuals to care for themselves and to live independently in the community (habilitation);
• providing a backup system or ways to ensure continuity of services and supports (emergency response services); and
• training people how to select, manage and dismiss their own attendants (support management).
In Texas, CFC may be available to people enrolled in Medicaid, including those served by:
• 1915 (c) waiver programs;
• Medicaid managed care; and
personal care services for children.”
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Texas Health and Human Services