Vermont State System of Care Plan for Developmental Disabilities Services, FY 2018- FY 2020
~~The mission of the Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) is to make Vermont the best state in which to grow old or to live with a disability; with dignity, respect and independence.
Core Principles of DAIL
• Person-Centered The individual will be at the core of all plans and services.
• Respect Individuals, families, providers and staff are treated with respect.
• Independence The individual's personal and economic independence will be promoted.
• Choice Individuals will have options for services and supports.
• Self-Determination Individuals will direct their own lives.
• Living Well The individual's services and supports will promote health and well-being.
• Contributing to the Community Individuals are able to work, volunteer, and participate in local communities.
• Flexibility Individual needs will guide our actions.
1. Effective and Efficient Individuals' needs will be met in a timely and cost effective way.
• Collaboration Individuals will benefit from our partnerships with families, communities, providers, and other federal, state and local organizations.
- Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- School-to-Work Transition
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Employer Engagement
- Cross-Agency Collaboration / Partnerships