Facilitated Individualized Education Program (FIEP) Procedures: A Guide for Families and Districts
~~“A Facilitated Individualized Education Program (FIEP) Team meeting is a student focused process designed to help the IEP Team overcome the pressures and challenges of a potentially contentious meeting. The facilitator makes no educational decisions regarding the student or the IEP. The facilitator’s primary goal is to assist team members in the thoughtful, productive construction of a quality IEP. The facilitator’s role is to:
1. Keep the meeting focused on the student.
2. Ensure everyone at the table has a voice.
3. Encourage active listening by all participants.
4. Keep the group from getting stuck on just one aspect of the IEP.”
- Department of Education
- School-to-Work Transition