West Virginia Uniform Application FY 2018/2019- State Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan
“1. Does the state have policies for addressing early serious mental illness (ESMI)?
2. Has the state implemented any evidence based practices (EBPs) for those with ESMI?...
WV has a pilot program with Youth Service System (YSS) to address FEP (ESMI), First Episodes psychosis. The program as YSS is called Quiet Minds. The purpose is through the model know as Coordinated Specialty Care utilizing OnTrak NY as the model that fit best with West Virginia as our guide. Here is the list of … service types:
- Coordination/case management services
- Supported employment/education
- Low dose medication treatment
- Individual therapy
- Social skills training
- Peer support
- Family support/education services
- Specialized services such as trauma therapy and multifamily therapy will be offered.”
- Department of Mental Health
- Mental Health